Production Engineer Hull £40,000-£55,000 (potential relocation package available)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer or Production Manager from a continuous processing environment to join a well-established international company based in Hull, to be responsible for all aspects of plant operations of a major (mother) plant, and the associated satellite plants.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background within a process environment and ideally an Engineering/Chemical related degree and must be looking to develop their career within a fast paced, dynamic facility. The company may also be able to offer an attractive relocation package for the right candidate if necessary.
Primarily accountable for all
* Health, Safety & Environmental aspects of operations of mother plant and associated satellites
* Compliance & optimisation of site maintenance activities
* Supervision of site based employees & contractors
Responsible for site KPIs, productivity and performance metrics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
* EH&S responsibility for the plant, and its satellites, including site facilities and resident functional organisations.
* Compliance with safety policies and practices and associated company systems.
* Compliance with legal operating permits
* Accountable for the site basic safety process (BSP) worker safety
* Accountable to further develop and maintain site emergency plan.
* Ensuring compliance with site visitor induction procedures, contractor management and supervision
* Represent the company when facing relevant competent authorities
* Accountable for the site permit to work system
* Accountable for site security
* Communication and information and reporting and management of site EH&S issues
* Participate in and action internal and external (customer, regulatory) audits
* Accountable for local SWIMs (SOPs) to maintain site compliance
* Accountable for sites EH&S performance targets
* Compliance with quality assurance policies and procedures and monitoring company Self Audit system.
* Participate in internal and external quality audits and action recommendations
* Liaison with Terminal Leads
* Ensure Completion of plant logbooks and communications
* Accountable for site management of change system (EMOC)
* Accountable for plant operating SWIMs (SOPs)
* Financial Accountabilities
* Customer Accountabilities
* Plant Reporting Accountabilities
* Cost of non-conformance reporting
* Productivity accountabilities
* Best Practice replication & generation relating to local plant
* Member of team for development of advanced control routines & productivity improvements
* KPI Responsibilities meeting performance targets for:
* Ensure that all production facilities are maintained to a safe and serviceable condition, so that they can consistently attain their performance targets
* Ensure compliance to site statutory, mechanical integrity & preventative maintenance programmes
* Work with Maintenance Support Manager (MSM) to ensure relevant & optimal planned maintenance programmes
* Work with technical staff to solve plant and equipment problems as they arise in the most effective way.
* Support corrective maintenance work associated with plant and equipment failures (breakdowns)
* Work with SAP & GMM (Global Materials Management), ensure correct spares parts inventory management
* Develop & comply with site maintenance budget & 5yr plans, in conjunction with maintenance support manager
TRAINING & TEAMWORK
* Supervision of Plant operating teams and supervisors
* Accountable to develop and maintain site on-call systems.
* Maintain own training in compliance with the company, legal and local requirements
* Maintain effective communications with colleagues and support services
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Degree level engineering qualification preferred, but qualifications through extensive experience in a similar operating environment with a proven record of achievement is also acceptable
* Broad knowledge of employment, environmental and Health and Safety Legislation
* Good management, supervisory, organisation & planning skills
* Good interpersonal & team working skills (Customers, Regulators bodies, Plant teams, company contacts).
* Strong computer/I.T. skills
* Self motivated and dynamic
If you are interested in applying for this position please respond with CV to email@example.comAdvantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Kingston Upon Hull
Salary : £40k - £55k pa
Date Advertised : 06 Mar 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.