Data Quality Lead / Manager - SQL - £25-30 per hour
Data Quality - Data Migration Strategy - SQL - Castleford - £25-30 per hour - 22 month contract
I am shortlisting for a specialist Data Quality Lead to design and implement the data quality strategy as part of a £multi-million Oracle GIS / Asset Management project. The team will be sourcing information from a variety of sources and databases (SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, etc) and the Data Quality Lead will lead the data quality related tasks. You will do this by ensuring that data from both existing corporate systems and non-corporate systems is of an appropriate level of quality through detailed assessment of business needs to support the relevant business processes. The successful candidate will have experience of large scale data migrations projects where data quality has played a key part in the success of the project.
* Leading a small team of Data Analysts, ensuring the delivery of tightly scoped work packages for each Data Analyst.
* Defining and specifying a data quality plan for measuring, improving and controlling the quality of asset and records data.
* Developing a data quality strategy that establishes data quality rules and benchmarks, whilst considering options for the approach to data quality assurance.
* Working closely with the Data Conversion Lead and System Integrator to establish a data migration strategy that will determine the plan for conducting the data migration activities.
* Establishing the quality of the existing data sets and classifying asset information based on an assessment of its criticality and value to the business.
* Establishing and managing a data quality rules process that will be used to measure the quality of data within the data migration activities and to resolve or mitigate data quality issues.
* Investigating capabilities and make recommendations for the use of automated data quality assessment tools and any associated skilled resource and training needs.
* Engaging with key business stakeholders to determine the level of data cleanse required.
* Defining data quality metrics and cleansing by definition of data quality standards and acceptance criteria.
* Analyse exception reports and provide timely and clear advice on any data conflicts found during the data conversion activity.
* Supporting User Acceptance Test activities with respect to the quality of input and output data.
* Transitioning the data quality management framework into the operational management of the new system
* Providing data quality advice and support services to the other project work stream leads
* Knowledge of Data Quality Management best practices, standards and methods.
* Knowledge of and experience in, the use of data quality profiling and assessment tools.
* Sufficient experience and confidence to lead a team of analysts
* Previous experiences in large-scale data standardisation and improvement projects or programmes involving multiple and disparate data sources.
* Excellent skills in the following areas: Microsoft Office Applications (including Access, Excel, PowerPoint), VBA, SQL and PL/SQL.
* Ability to interpret complex data.
* Ability to articulate key data quality critical success factors and pragmatic improvement strategies to non-technical managers.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Scheduling, prioritisation and task delivery skills.
* The confidence to work alongside knowledgeable and experienced staff and managers.
* Possess own transport and be prepared to use for travel within the Yorkshire/Northeast region.
* Knowledge of electrical distribution asset information and of the related quality requirements.
To hear more about this newly created opportunity to join a unique Oracle implementation project in the UK please send your latest CV to Simon Mattock or call me on 07931 335414 to discuss the opportunity in more detail. Key Word Search: Data Quality, SQL, PL/SQL, Excel, Access, Manager, VBA
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Leeds, Hull, Wakefield, Castleford, York, Sheffield, Grimsby, Bradford, Huddersfield
Salary : £25-30 per hour
Date Advertised : 19 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.