Plant Manager Hull £45,000-£55,000
Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of plant operations of the mother plant, and associated satellites, with delegation of continuous control and optimisation to the Operating Service Centre (OSC).
Primarily accountable for all
* Health, Safety & Environmental aspects of operations of mother plant and associated satellites
* Compliance & optimisation of site maintenance activities
* Supervision of site based employees & contractors
Delegation of responsibilities for continuous controlling, monitoring and optimisation of plants to the operating service centre (OSC)
Shared responsibilities with OSC for site KPIs, productivity and performance metrics.
As the UK OSC is located on site at Hull, the OSC and Facility Manager for Hull will retain overall accountability for the duties and responsibilities as defined in section 2 for local plant operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
* EH&S responsibility for the plant, and its satellites, including site facilities and resident functional organisations.
* Compliance with safety policies and practices and associated company systems.
* Compliance with legal operating permits
* Accountable for the site basic safety process (BSP)
* Accountable to develop and maintain site emergency plan.
* Ensuring compliance with site visitor induction procedures, contractor management and supervision
* Represent the company to authorities
* Accountable for the site permit to work system
* Accountable for site security
* Communication and information and reporting and management of site EH&S issues
* Participate in and action internal and external (customer, regulatory) audits
* Accountable for local SWIMs to maintain compliance
* Accountable for sites EH&S performance targets
* Compliance with quality assurance policies and procedures and monitoring company Self Assessment Manual.
* Participate in internal and external quality audits and action recommendations
* Delegation of responsibilities for continuous controlling, monitoring and optimisation of plants to the operating service centre (OSC), and support the OSC in this role :
* Liaison with Terminal Leads
* Ensure Completion of plant logbooks and OSC communications
* Accountable for site management of change system (EMOC)
* Accountable for plant operating SWIMs
* Assist OSC management in development of OSC SWIMs
* Financial Accountabilities
* Customer Accountabilities
* Plant Reporting Accountabilities
* OSC status communication systems & logbooks
* Daily status (web reporting)
* Downtime reporting
* Cost of non-conformance reporting
* Productivity accountabilities
* Best Practice replication & generation relating to local plant
* Member of team for development of advanced control routines & productivity improvements
* KPI Responsibilities meeting performance targets for:
* Ensure that all production facilities are maintained to a safe and serviceable condition, so that they can consistently attain their performance targets
* Ensure compliance to site statutory, mechanical integrity & preventative maintenance programmes
* Work with Maintenance Support Manager (MSM) to ensure relevant & optimal planned maintenance programmes
* Work with technical staff to solve plant and equipment problems as they arise in the most effective way.
* Support corrective maintenance work associated with plant and equipment failures (breakdowns)
* Work with SAP & GMM (Global Materials Management), ensure correct spares parts inventory management
* Develop & comply with site maintenance budget & 5yr plans, in conjunction with maintenance support manager
TRAINING & TEAMWORK
* Supervision of Plant operating teams and supervisors
* Accountable to develop and maintain site on-call systems.
* Maintain own training in compliance with the company, legal and local requirements
* Maintain effective communications with OSC colleagues and support services
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Degree level engineering qualification preferred, but qualifications through extensive experience in an operating environment with a proven achievement record also acceptable
* Broad knowledge of employment, environmental and Health and Safety Legislation
* Good management, supervisory, organisation & planning skills
* Good interpersonal & team working skills (Customers, Regulators bodies, Plant teams, company contacts).
* Strong computer skills
* Self motivated.
If you are interested in applying for this position please respond with CV to email@example.comAdvantage xPO is in the top 1% of staffing companies in the world. With a truly global footprint. Advantage xPO specialises in recruitment outsourcing. Working with some of the leading employers around the world, Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors.
Advantage xPO: services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temporary work.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Kingston Upon Hull
Salary : £45k - £55k pa
Date Advertised : 11 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.