Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager - North East
Salary £30k - £35k + bonus, car/allowance, mobile phone, laptop.
* Our client is a leading paving, stone and concrete products manufacturer supplying the construction and related industries.
* They are growing rapidly with their high performance environmentally friendly product which offers customers speed and flexibility in installation whilst retaining the benefits and performance properties of slower and more conventional and expensive processes.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an Area Sales Manager with experience of either selling into Merchants, Distributors and contractors.
* Build a distribution business for the product range targeting Regional and National Builders Merchants as well as Independents.
* Develop a partnership approach with existing Specialist Distributors and Merchants.
* Market and promote the paving, stone and concrete products into Architects, Specifiers, Engineers and Contractors.
* Add value to distributor relationships by supporting and encouraging their own activities and by providing product and specification training to their team.
* Effectively manage current business whilst identifying and growing business with both existing customers and new customers.
* Organise and participate at open days, trade fairs and exhibitions along with designing and implementing marketing products with the Marketing Team.
* Provide on-site support to customers including conducting CPD.
* Conduct joint sales calls with external sales force.
* Dealing with technical aspects and sales of construction products through Builders Merchants is a pre requisite for the role of Area Sales Manager.
* The working environment will require a proactive, well organised approach to managing the construction opportunities in the region.
* Able to demonstrate a proven track record of building strong professional relationships and achieving annual targets.
* The successful candidate will be self motivated and goal orientated and possess the ability to work under pressure and demonstrate resilience, stay in a positive frame of mind (when the going gets tough), possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and above all be sales driven.
* Experience of specification sales.
* Naturally persuasive, creative and self-motivated you will be able to recognise opportunities and use your own initiative to convert these into sales. You will have an open communication style; friendly, conscientious and committed above all you will be a team player.
If you think you have the required skills and experience and are looking for an opportunity as an Area Sales Manager with a dynamic market leading organisation, please contact Stephanie Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manesis Search and Selection are a specialist recruitment consultancy based in the Midlands. Our consultants have a Sales, Marketing or General Management background having worked in Industry for both International organisations and SME's. We are business people first and recruiters second as a result we are in a unique position to understand our clients' business needs and ensure we only shortlist fully qualified candidates. We are proud of more than 20 years successful sales recruitment experience within the Building and Construction products sector.
Key words: account manager, field sales, sales executive, sales specialist, sales professional, sales representative, technical sales, business development, territory sales, regional sales, product sales.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Hull, Middlesbrough, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Harrogate
Salary : £30k - £35k + bonus
Date Advertised : 18 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.